Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July in Grand Teton National Park // Part 1

This year for the Forth of July we were trying to figure out where to escape to. At the last minute we decided to head toward the northeast through Jackson, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park. Every time we go I am blown away by how magical it is up there. Without fail you share the roads with the wildlife and I'm reminded of how small I am in the big scheme of things. The highlight for me is always spotting an animal whether it be a big buck elk, buffalo, or even the curious little fox that followed us along the trail. There were no bear sightings but I'm trying to remind myself that's a good thing, right? On this day we explored String Lake where the water is slightly warmer and you can swim to a big rock to jump off. I like that sorta thing. It makes me feel like a kid again. Which is like, the best age ever.










No comments: