Friday, April 5, 2013

Road Trip // Southern Utah



We had been trying to get down to Bryce Canyon in the winter time to snowshoe through the snow capped red rock hoodoos and we finally were able to a few weekends ago. Well, minus the snowshoes. The snow wasn't as thick so we ended up hiking without them and now I want to make it a new tradition to go every winter.  Bryce is beautiful in the summer but with snow, I'd say its beauty is that, times ten. If you've never been, we highly recommend it.



We started at Sunset Point on the Navajo Loop and then worked our way to Sunrise Point via Queen's Garden Loop. Then we followed the trail back to Sunset. It took us about an hour and a half, with much sight seeing and exploring along the way. We really took our time and soaked it all in.















From there we drove to Zion, took a short nature walk, lounged by the river and then headed to St. George with our bikes in tow. Jessica recommended the Bearclaw Poppy trail and it didn't disappoint. We started later in the day when the weather was perfect taking us an hour and a half for the complete out and back. If you like a rollercoaster type of ride, you'll love this one. The incline was gradual making it a great intro to the season.





4 comments:

Janey - UtValleyFoodie said...

Thanks for the Southern Utah post. It makes me so homesick! I grew up going to these places as a kid and I haven't been for awhile. Gotta plan a trip..

Marlee Gennille said...

what were these edited with? I love them all.

chelsea b james said...

i loooove bryce canyon. you guys are always doing the funnest stuff. lucky!

alyson said...

Marlee - Thanks girl! I usually use lightroom for all my photo editing. It's my favorite!