Friday, September 7, 2012

iPhone App // Fontly

Whenever I am trying to create a logo or a brand for a new project in my head I'm constantly searching for inspiration. And whether I am in a new place or my own town my eye is naturally drawn to the typography used to display store fronts, flashing lights and even service signs. With the new app, Fontly, you can take a picture and it will map out exactly where you took it and allow others to easily find unique and eye catching type throughout the neighborhood or new city they are passing through.  I see it as a community of design enthusiasts where fellow friends of type point you in the right direction and vice versa. I'll be using this instead of taking up space on my camera's flash card from now on. I tend to do that a lot.


// image found here //

No comments: