Friday, July 27, 2012

Road Trip // Lake Tahoe


We drove out to Lake Tahoe for the first time on the weekend before the 4th of July (we've driven through before but never stayed to fully enjoy). It was fun to go with a group of friends and just sort of hang out and relax. The boys mostly golfed and us girls lounged, shopped and dined. When we were all together we hit up the local frisbee golf courses and mini putt-putt. We tried two frisbee golf courses - 1. Bijou (really fun) and 2. at the top of the tram at Squaw Valley Resort (cool place but lame frolf course). As you can tell, golf was a common theme on this trip. Wah-wah... Lucky for me we went mountain biking - once on the flume trail and another time at the Northstar Resort. The Flume Trail was Ah-May-Zing! One of the prettiest trails I've ever been on and not too technical, but the beginning climb was brutal. If you ever go, start in the morning before the sun gets harsh and then after the first 3 miles you are home free. There's a lake at the top you can jump in if you are up for it and then views of Tahoe from the ridge line the rest of the way down. Northstar was fun but a little too extreme for us. I love downhill but I'm pretty sure we were the only scrappers not decked out with safety pads from head to toe. The trails weren't maintained very well and it was catered more toward the downhill die hards. On the north side of the lake is The Char Pit, my favorite local burger joint. Best bacon cheeseburger and oreo shake! We will surely be hitting up Tahoe again. I had no idea how rad that place was.




And a few more pics from some of our insta feeds

Have you been to Lake Tahoe before? I love getting the inside scoop for things to do and see (restaurants, hotels, activities, trails, secret spots...). I know we will be going back so if you have any favorites, please spill 'em so we don't miss out on the goods. I hope this may have given you a few ideas if you decide to ever go, too.

5 comments:

birds do it better... said...

you are such a cute little tour guide. i wish we had a trip planned... lets get on it. i need something to look forward to before nursing school starts...

alyson said...

Yes, a trip is a must! Maybe in Oct? Let's get on that.

tiara said...

Too much to list. Shoot me a note the next time you're heading this way and I'll send you some of my musts, like Angora Lake!

Marlee Gennille said...

you are so smokin hot. XOXO.

alyson said...

Tiara - Thx for your recommendations! I'll definitely hit you up next time to find more goodies in your hood.

Marlee - You are the doll of all dolls! I was in soel and recognized your sister from your pics. You two together are stun. ners. Tell tyler I say hi!