Monday, June 18, 2012

1950's Food Portions vs. Today's

I find all sorts of interesting facts from my guy's social news feeds and emails he passes along to me. He seems to always find the goodies. This infographic about how our food portions have changed over the years was a little shocking (and disturbing).


For all my friends out there that read this blog (and for all you sweet readers I've never met), feel free to help my guy win a work contest by following his Twitter, Pinterest or even better, BOTH! Whoever reaches the highest amount of followers wins $10,000(!!!) and right now he is in 2nd place. We are sooooo close to the prize. It doesn't hurt to ask when there is big money as a reward. Am I right?... Thanks, friends!







// image found @ularry's twitter feed //

4 comments:

chelsea b james said...

Oh my thats gross. We Americans love our food but I agree, the portions are out of control.
We are coming home in two weeks, yay!! can't wait to see your cute face(and your puppy)

alyson said...

2 weeks! That's so soon. I can't believe you've been gone for so long. I can't wait to see you all, not to mention meet the twinsies! Hurry up, mama!

amanda james said...

that's so gross!

The Roberts said...

wow, people really did not use to give their bodies enough nutrition ;)