Friday, August 26, 2011

Night Riders

We strapped on our headlamps and handlebar lights for a quick ride through Lambert Park during the dark hours. Not knowing where you are or what's coming up next makes for a thrilling and tumbling bike ride. At least for me considering I (and I alone) had about 5 slow-mo falls into the bushes.  The coyotes were howling, the leaves were rustling with wildlife and we almost got attacked by a big fat mama tarantula-like spider with hundreds of babies on her back. When Kenya stepped in it's path the babies were sent into a mad fury and I hightailed outta there. Gave me the heebie jeebies.  Biking at night makes you a little more cautious. We ride slower and can actually hold a decent conversation with a few less "what's" and "huh's".  I have no idea what the boys were talking about but Amanda and I were loving life with our girl talk and rollercoaster space mountain-esque bike ride.





No comments: