Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mountain Biking: Sundance Resort

I want to start keeping track of the mountain biking trails we take.  I figured why not start with Sundance where it all began (Thanks Amber!). And if any of my friends don't have a mountain bike but would like to start, let me know. I'm happy to lend you mine. It makes such a difference to have a bike that rides well and I love my bike to pieces. Larry has one, too in case you want to make a date out of it.

The scenery on Archie's Loop most likely sparked my love affair with mountain biking. The views are nothing short of breathtaking (especially with Robert Redford sightings, if you're lucky) but only if you're willing to pay the $12 chairlift fee.  If I was crazy and hardcore like Jamie I would bike up to the top. Buuuuut I'm not, so instead I like riding the chairlift and then enjoying the bike ride on the way down. There is only a minimal amount of uphill after you loop around the pond and the terrain changes throughout the ride from lush forest trees to wide open mountaintops. Once you make it through Archie's Loop I usually take boneyard the rest of the way down.

You could spend a good amount of time at Sundance with all their trails. Archie's is my favorite but there are many more to choose from.

Difficulty (1-10): 4
Terrain: Mountain
Mostly Downhill
Fun Factor: 10

Sundance Biking Hours:
May 20 - Sep 5
10:00 am - 6:30
Sundance Trail Map:

2 comments:

chelsea b james said...

i'm in

chelsea b james said...

ps that was so fun today biking! my heart still hurts. let's go more please! you are fearless