Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily

My little sis is now all grown up, raising a family and being the mature one of the bunch. Today is her birthday and my heart and thoughts go out to her.
Merrily, you are the beautiful one.  With that thick scarlet hair, those full blush lips, your strong lady-like fingernails, your long luscious lashes. It's so not fair.  My DNA missed the memo. But how can I be bitter at such a gorgeous spirit?  All your pre-wedding help warmed my heart and your toast brought me to tears.  I really wish you hadn't moved away so soon.  If only we didn't have so many miles between us... I still remember you on Christmas morning under the tree surrounded by pretty packages, a whole 23 years ago.  You were the shiniest of all.  I love you, Merr and happy birthday!  Muah! Xoxo
 Photos by Leo Patrone

2 comments:

Lpass said...

Aly - What a wonderful sister you are. Also so cute, sweet and caring. Aunt Lindsay (mum)

The Roberts said...

You are the best big sis anyone could ask for. Thank you so much. I wish we were closer too, so that we could celebrate things together! I love you. Thank you.
PS I think you got some pretty good genes that I missed out on. Perfect skin, straight teeth, amazing creativity...