Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

In the late November we are always reminded of why we are so lucky and blessed.  This year I am most thankful for the newlywed bliss that I continue to feel.  In the past, the thought of allowing my life to be shared with an unpredictable other has made me fearful and hesitant.  Through faith and a few brain cells I have become familiar with new meanings of happiness and love.  

I am thankful for my parents, 
for teaching me to see the good in others 
and to also recognize the warnings.  

I am thankful to find a man that offers a kind heart, a compassionate spirit 
and a strong will to dedicate his efforts in creating the life we envision.  

I am thankful for forgiveness and humility that he has taught me these past few years 
and for his loving touch and power to comfort when I am weary.  

I am thankful for his parents that he inherited these special qualities from 
and for embracing me into their family with warm welcomes and love.

I hope you all travel safe this holiday.  
Happy Thanksgiving.