Sunday, June 27, 2010

I hate Pine Beetles

We wanted to go to Mount Rushmore for the 4th of July weekend.  They were ranked 4th on the list of top fireworks shows and we figured we could make a fun road trip with our bikes out of it.  I found out today that the show is canceled due to an excessive amount of pine beetles that have killed most of the trees in the area.  This causes a great risk of forest fires so the National Park Service has decided it's a no-go.  I'm so sad I could cry.  I was really looking forward to it.
Any ideas for plan B?  We were thinking Newport Beach with the rest of the world (been there, done that), Jackson Hole (never been), Sun Valley (love that place), Idaho Falls (largest show west of the Mississippi and ranked #2), Lake Tahoe (heard it's a good show too), or Corvallis, OR (I'm trying, Amber, but it might be a little too far).  If you have any great ideas, I would love to hear.

No comments: