Friday, July 24, 2009

some bad days are good

driving home down the canyon on my second to last day of work at the marriott my tire popped. i was already in a rotten mood so it only made me feel worse. i pulled over and started changing my tire while trying to maintain my grace while laying on the concrete in my dress. i looked up and was startled by a strange man standing by. his name was allen. he took over from there and left me with $200 to get a new pair of tires. this strange man was my hero.

it was nice to be reminded that there are selfless people in this world like allen. he had a bad day and figured if he helped me out it would add some goodness to his frustrations. he said i was doing him a favor by accepting his offer. i was very grateful for his generosity. very grateful.

No comments: