Monday, August 18, 2008

8 years in utah and i finally hiked timp!








Already exhausted from the night before I decided to finally conquer the popular peak. Instead of hiking at night I, Mark, Cheyne, SteveO, and his brother Chris started early in the morning around 6:30 and ended up making it back down around 2:00. Good thing we didn't go at night because the summit ended up being 32 degrees and I would have been miserably cold. I was seriously falling asleep on the hike up and by hour 5 I was ready to take a nap but we still had more to go. The summit was pretty cool and I met a guy that gave me a few of his cheddar Pringles. I never knew how good they could taste! At the last minute Mark and I changed course and took the more scenic route down making the trek a mile shorter in length but steeper on our joints. I wouldn't recommend hiking up that way considering how much steeper it is than the timpanookie trail. We hitched a ride back to our car in Lehi from some Micron man but I totally crashed in the back seat and Mark resentfully held the conversation on his own. What a good sport! If you've never hiked timp, I highly recommend it. It really is beautiful and worth your while. Am I going to do it again? Probably not.

No comments: